Because you don’t want to be sifting through a messy fridge when it’s time to EAT. Use these 27 amazing Fridge Hacks and you will have really happy days.
1. Keep things in place with baskets.
2. LABEL the baskets.
3. Label the doors.
4. Line your shelves with easy-to-clean mats.
5. Hate cleaning?
6. Keep your milk and other dairy out of the door.
7. Mason jars are the longest-lasting way to keep salads.
8. Keep raw meat and seafood on the bottom shelf to prevent unwanted drips.
More tips from here.
9. You totally need this bacon saver.
10. Turn fridge cleaning into a game for the kids.
11. Keep a spreadsheet if you want to get OCD about it.
Try using this Personal Perishable Food Item Management Spreadsheet.
12. Or use a dry erase marker on your fridge door.
13. Never forget something in the back of the fridge again.
Here’s a clever lazy susan option for leftovers.
14. Wine problems?
Your bottles won’t roll around anymore with the help of these.
15. Use a binder clip for beer.
16. Bins work in the freezer just as well as in the fridge.
17. Use magazine holders as freezer shelves.
18. Know what doesn’t have to be chilled: potatoes, tomatoes, and onions.
19. Color code.
20. You could even label a box as “EAT ME FIRST!”
21. Upcycle Crystal Light containers to hold cut-up vegetables.
22. To avoid buying things you already have, take a photo of your fridge before you go grocery shopping.
23. Use six-pack containers to organize the door shelves.
24. Keep a container of activated carbon (from any pet store) to absorb the odors.
25. Keep a roll of masking tape and a sharpie near the fridge so you can label containers with their open date.
26. Get an egg holder.
27. If you live with roommates, employ the cardinal rule of communal food: never eat the first or last of anything that isn’t yours.